Ad

Saturday 21 September 2013

Morning Skincare Routine



So I thought it was about time that I shared with you my skincare routine! I never used to pay much attention to skincare but in the last few years I've been getting into it more and my skin has improved greatly. I've decided to split it into 3 posts over the next 3 days, Morning Skincare Routine, Evening Skincare Routine and Masks and Treatments. So here's the first!


Cleanse

For the last couple of weeks I've been using the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk and I absolutely love it (you can see my full review on it here). I use 1 pump, massage it into my face and remove it with a warm, damp flannel. It leaves my skin clean and super soft.


Tone

Yep, you guessed it, more Caudalie. This time it's their cult product, Beauty Elixir. A couple of spritzes really wakes up the complexion, making it look more radiant and giving it a boost of hydration. Plus it smells amazing, the scent of it first thing in the morning really wakes me up.


Serum

For my morning serum, I've been using the Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase (full review here). I find it works really well in the morning because it gives skin a good boost of moisture, enough to last the whole day while still leaving skin with a natural finish. I prefer to reserve richer serums and facial oils for the evenings. 


Eyes

Now I'd be lying to you if I said I use this everyday. I often forget and when I'm in a rush this is usually the step to get missed out. But with eyes being the the first area to show signs of ageing, I feel I should use it more now or I'll regret it later! It's the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream which I got in a gift with purchase. It claims to reduce circles and puffs which I'm not sure if it really does yet but it certainly moisturises the eye area. 


Moisturise and Protect

To moisturise my skin and protect it from the sun (essential if you have any kind of pigmentation or uneven skin tone) I've been using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (full review here). It's a great 2 in 1 as it contains good protection from the sun as well as providing the skin with enough moisture. It also leaves skin with a nice finish, no white cast or greasy residue in sight. 


What products do you use in your skincare routine?




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have been wanting to try the Caudalie Beauty Elixir for the longest time! One day I'll remember to pick some up ;)

    Fab blog, now following :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, it's amazing! Thank you for following! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beautiful Things23 September 2013 at 05:12

    love the clinique all about eyes...so refreshing!


    xo from nyc & the beautiful things
    http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt23 September 2013 at 09:48

    I never leave home without Caudalie - it's really sad, but true. I'm out traveling at the moment and I have it with me as always :O). Xx
    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sad at all! I'm the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the version they have with the rollerball as well

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig