Ad

Monday 16 September 2013

Review - Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase



I'm a bit of a newbee when it comes to skin serums, I haven't tried very many, but that doesn't mean I haven't come across 1 or 2 that I like!


Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase is one of them, it's perfect for mornings because it's super moisturising but doesn't leave the skin looking at all oily or greasy (thanks to the Hyaluronic Acid and Omega 3s). It just sinks straight in and doesn't look like you put anything on while still keeping your skin moisturised all day. It's a Bi-Phase serum so it separates into two layers in the bottle and you need to give it a good shake first. I then use either one or two pumps, depending on how dry my skin is feeling and massage it in before moisturiser. You can use it at night as well if you want too but I prefer to use something richer like an oil. 


Clarins describes it as 'An intensive light yet deeply comforting bi-phase serum with the power to rescue seriously dehydrated skin.', and I think I'd have to agree with them on that, in the colder months my skin starts to get very dry and sensitive and a few pesky patches of eczema aren't unheard of, this really does keep them at bay.


Mine is a mini sized version that came as a free gift with purchase, but at 41.00 for the full sized bottle, it certainly isn't cheap. If you have pretty normal or slightly dry skin, you don't really need this, but if you do suffer from dry skin and hate the super oily finish that all dry/sensitive products leave you with, then I would definitely recommend this. I would definitely buy this again, but maybe use it just when I need it rather than everyday so that it lasts a bit longer!



Have you tried any skin serums before? What are your favourites?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt16 September 2013 at 13:22

    I'm a huge fan of serums and of Clarins in general but I have to be honest and say that this particular one didn't really do anything for my skin. I like products that really feel as if they're doing something and the formula was just a little bit too thin for me. I've got KIKO at the moment but love Estée Lauder or Gatineau serums! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried very many so that's good to know! I'll have to try the ones you mentioned when I run out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC, (13) would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    Come visit me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following, following back xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig