Ad

Friday 19 June 2015

Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con Palette - The Starlet







So if you watched my recent haul video (see here) you'll know that I bought the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con Palette in 'The Starlet', it wasn't the cheapest of items but I really am glad I got it. The shades are unlike any other in my collection, the pigmentation and quality of the shadows is excellent and don't even get me started on the packaging! 


As I said in the video, I went into Sephora expecting the come out with 'The Lolita' palette but when I saw and swatched it I felt that I already had all of the shades in my collection, it was also a bit cool toned for my liking so I went for this one instead. That warm toned coppery shade is what drew my eye to the palette, but I quickly realised I loved all of the shades. 






My favourites from the palette are the copper, the slightly green toned gold, the dark brown and the dark grey. The formulas are really buttery, have amazing colour payoff and best of all they don't fall down onto your face! A real pet hate of mine as I always forget to start with my eyes when using darker shades. 


My one criticism of the palette would be that there aren't individual shade names, not that that's particularly important, I guess it would just be helpful for the sake of blogging/youtube! I put together a few of my favourite looks from the palette to show you what they look like on but of course the possibilities are endless. Please excuse my rather frizzy looking hair! 




Champagne shade - on the brow bone and in the inner corners.
Copper shade - all over the lid
Dark brown shade - Outer corners, in the crease and on the lower lash line




Champagne shade - on the brow bone and in the inner corners
Green/Gold - all over the lid




Champagne shade - on the brow bone and in the inner corners
Dark grey shade - all over the lid
Dark brown - In the outer corners, in the crease and along the lower lash line.


What do you think of these looks? Which is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!


Follow me on bloglovin' for more posts!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig