Ad

Thursday 17 July 2014

Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Night Cream



Moisturisers are a bit of a difficult one for me, I usually find them to be either not moisturising enough or far too heavy and clog my skin. I've found a few exceptions over the years that I like, but never one I've loved, until now. I've been using the Rodial Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Night Cream for just over a month now and I can honestly say it's the best I've ever tried. 




Why do I like it so much? The main reason is the formula. It feels like a thick, rich cream but the moment you start massaging it into the skin it sinks in. It doesn't disappear immediately leaving you feeling like you need to apply more but it doesn't just sit on the skin either. I often find that when night creams do that they mostly end up on my pillow! Rodial describe it as a 'plumping' moisturiser, and it definitely delivers on that account, I've been waking up every morning to cushiony soft skin. My moisturising skin serums and oils have been going untouched for the last month as I haven't felt like I've needed them, this cream has been giving my skin all the moisture it needs.  




It contains Dragon's Blood (resin from the Dragon's Blood Tree) which smooths and hydrates the skin, wonder ingredient hyaluronic acid which has the ability to hold 1000 times it's weight in water meaning your skin holds onto the moisture it already has a well as that of any products you're using. Retinol, an ingredient proven to even skin tone and pigmentation and Niacinamide which calms down  irritated skin. It also contains Shea butter which leaves skin feeling soft and nourished but is an ingredient that's best avoided if you have acne or very oily skin, for everyone else, it's fine!


I can't comment on the claim to visibly reduce fine lines in 4 weeks as I don't have any, but as I said it definitely does give a plumping effect. I have however definitely noticed my skin looking brighter and more even toned, thanks to the retinol I'm sure.
   



There is one thing I feel I need to address with this and that's the price, at £58.00 it's not exactly cheap but I do genuinely feel it's worth every penny. As I said before I've not needed to use any serums/oils along side it which is something I'd normally do, so for me this is a 3 in 1 product. As well as that I've been using it every single night for just over a month and as you can see from the picture I've only just scraped the surface, a little really does go a long way with this as it spreads so well. I've already decided that I'll be repurchasing this when it runs out but luckily for my wallet that won't be for a long time! 


Avialable at Space NK


If you enjoyed this post you can follow me on bloglovin' for regular updates!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I really like the name. Dragon's Blood. Sounds so cool. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think of it when you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yea it does!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig