Ad

Friday 9 May 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ - One Tube In



I spotted La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ on a 3 for 2 offer a while ago and in spite of never having tried it before I took the plunge and bought 3 tubes. I'm not usually one to bulk buy a product I've never tried before but I'd read so many amazing reviews of the stuff that I knew I couldn't go wrong. 


Rather than doing a traditional style review I thought I'd do a post of how it's worked for me one tube in and then again later on when I'm two/three tubes in. 


First of all, what is it? A non-sticky melt in formula that's designed to tackle clogged pores, blemishes  and the marks they leave behind while also controlling shine and refining the skin's texture. Niacinamide soothes, LHA and Salicylic Acid gently exfoliate and Procerad prevents red and brown pigmentation marks from forming.


Does it work? For me, in a word, yes. Although I don't often get spots, when I do they seem to stay put for a while and leave behind marks that take forever to fade. This manages to speed up the lifecycle of a spot, meaning it disappears a lot quicker. The biggest improvement by far has definitely been to my skin texture, it feels smoother and all the clogged up pores on and around my nose look noticeably better. My skin also looks a lot brighter,  any new blemishes I've had since I've been using it definitely haven't left marks and although the old marks are still there they seem to have faded a lot, thanks to the exfoliating properties I'm sure. I've even managed to switch from wearing foundation everyday to a CC cream, something I've never been able to do before because I've always needed that extra bit of coverage. 


I would definitely recommend this product, to those with oily/congested skin as well as to those with just pigmentation. I'll be sure to do another post 2 tubes in to update you on the progress!


Have you tried La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+? What did you think of it? 




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That was a big leap of faith! :P But glad it worked for you! I have used the original formula in the past and it works more as a spot solution than an overall moistuirser

    Summer Beauty Essentials | http://theconsciencefund.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it certainly was! I'd read so many good reviews that I thought I'd risk it. I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig