Ad

Friday 28 March 2014

REVIEW: The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation



When I think of foundations, The Body Shop are definitely not the first brand to come to mind, but a while ago, when my skin was feeling particularly sensitive I thought I'd give one a go. I went for their Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation in the hope that it would be more sensitive skin friendly as I've had a lot of luck with other products of theirs.


I found that it didn't react to my skin when almost every other foundation did, which was a massive plus point. Now that my skin is back to normal it doesn't get used very much. Even though the colour match is spot on for me I find the formula a bit difficult to work with. It's quite rich so it tends to sit on top of the skin looking very visible, I prefer formulas that sink into the skin and look as undetectable as possible. As well as that I found it very difficult to blend in, even with my trusty Real Techniques Buffing Brush. 


I usually tend to prefer more buildable foundations, and this one definitely isn't. With just one layer being so visible on the skin any more would definitely lead to the dreaded cake face! That said I will still probably try to use it up by mixing it with a lightweight moisturiser in the hope that it blends better and looks more natural!


Have you tried any foundations that you didn't like?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig