Ad

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Clarins 'Special' Eye Contour Balm Review



When it comes to eye creams, I'm quite a newbie. I've only really been using them for the last year and so I haven't tried very many. They are definitely the area of skincare that I know the least about! That said, I have found one that  I really love, it's the Clarins 'Special' Eye Contour Balm. So what's special about it? It's a richer version of their regular Eye Contour Balm so it's much better for drier skins in need of an extra moisture boost.


As I've mentioned before, the skin around my eyes often gets really dry, tight and uncomfortable in the colder months and this is the only thing that manages to make them feel normal again. I use a rice sized amount and pat it around the eye area using my ring finger every night and it usually gets rid of any soreness or dryness come morning. If I've been outdoors or my eyes are feeling extra dry then I even use it in the day time, even though it's a super rich formula it still allows concealer to sit nicely on top of it under then eyes. I tend to skip eyeshadow if I'm using it though, mostly because when my eyes are dry and sore the last thing I want to do is put unnecessary products onto them! That said, if you wanted to, a bit of eyeshadow primer would stop any shadow creasing.


All in all, it's a wonderful product that I would recommend to anyone with dry skin or eczema around their eyes. I can't really comment on the 'softens fine lines' claim as I don't have any yet, I'll get back to you on that one in a few years time! The tube is a very generous size for an eye cream and because you use such a tiny amount it last absolutely ages. I've been using the same tube I bought last winter every night since then and I've only used about a quarter of the tube which makes it great value for money! 


Do you use an eye cream in your skin care routine?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt8 January 2014 at 10:53

    I've been using eye creams ever since I started my beauty routine and my favorites at the moment are the Estée Lauder Resilience Eye Cream and Kiehl's Avocado Eye Treatment :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard lots of good things about that Kiehl's one, might have to try that next!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig