Ad

Sunday 6 October 2013

NOTD #10



When I hear Bourjois, I automatically think of their blushers and eyeshadows, housed in their iconic little round pots. I guess for me they are a bit of a nostalgia brand, wandering around Boots with school friends in my early teens, it was a brand I was automatically drawn too, back in the days when I was just discovering makeup. I always loved their lip glosses too, remember the clear one that made your lips tingle and had what I can only describe as that lovely 'Bourjois lipgloss smell', well I had one in my school pencil case! 


Although my makeup tastes have changed and I've swapped wet look glosses for bold matte lipsticks, I still love Bourjois, they seem to have so many great products and their new editions are just getting better and better. Saying that, in all my years of Bourjois lovin' I've never tried a single one of their nail varnishes! 




Luckily enough the lovely Emily from the blog British Beauty Addict came to my rescue! She recently held a giveaway to celebrate reaching 100 followers (Congratulations!) and I was lucky enough to win it! I was so pleased when she emailed me and I couldn't quite believe it. All my lovely Bourjois products arrived soon after, along with a really sweet note congratulating me on winning! 


The nail varnish was on my nails within about 15 minutes, and I absolutely love it! It's a lovely coral colour called 25 Melon that somehow manages to look pastely and bright at the same time, it's from the Bourjois 1 Seconde Gel Nail Varnish range. This stuff applies like a dream, the brush is brilliant as it's wide and flat (as you can see on the front of the bottle) and gives a even coverage in one quick swipe. The formula is pretty darn good too, it applies opaque in one coat and doesn't streak at all! So it's definitely an all round winner. I'll definitely be picking up more shades of this nail varnish so if you have any recommendations then please let me know in the comments below! 


A huge thank you and congratulations once again to Emily and make sure you check out her blog if you haven't already! 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt6 October 2013 at 10:34

    It's such a pretty shade, very summery! I have to be honest though, these don't last very long on my nails at least, but since they dry in the blink of an eye, having to re-apply every few days isn't really a big deal :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's so pretty! I'll definitely be involving it in some kind of halloween/pumpkin related nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neeeed need need to try this! my nails always chip.

    Find me @hauteinhabit
    http://www.hauteinhabit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should, they have some good colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad you liked this polish and all your goodies! :D Hope you are well!


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! Thanks once again!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig