Ad

Friday 13 September 2013

Review - Marc Jacobs Lola



It dawned on me the other day that I haven't done a full fragrance review yet so I though it was about time! It's quite surprising really because I'm a real perfume lover and I have quite the little collection!


I'm quite fickle when it come to fragrance, I definitely don't have a signature scent as such, but I do have some favourites that I'll always buy again when they run out. I think life is too short to wear the same fragrance everyday! I generally like floral scents particularly anything with peony, rose and jasmine . In the summer I like ones with a touch of something citrusy, like bergamot or mandarin, and in the winter warmer musks and amber. I realise that's quite a few ingredients so I usually go for fragrances that combine them in different ways. 


Lola by Marc Jacobs is one of my favourites, I usually wear it in the evenings if I'm going out, its a floral with warm musky undertones yet it manages to be completely contemporary. Here's what's in it;


The Top Notes: Pink Peppercorn, Pear, Ruby Red Grapefruit

The Heart Notes: Rose, Fuschia Peony, Geranium

The Base Notes: Vanilla, Warm Tonka Bean, Creamy Musk


It has a combination of florals, citrus and musk, which must be why I like it so much! This is definitely one of the ones I'll be buying again! The bottle is really interesting too, it's made of heavy glass with a huge multicoloured rubber flower as a lid, it really does take centre stage on the dressing table but it doesn't travel very well, but then, you can't have it both ways!


Lola by Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum is available in 3 sizes, 30ml, 50ml  and 100ml.


What is your favourite fragrance?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the bottle this comes in!

    New follower

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to give it a try! I love the bottle, so cute.

    -Vogue&Heels

    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've sniffed this so many times when i've been in department stores, and loved the scent. the bottle is so pretty too, but i'm trying to use up my perfume stash before i move on to buying more! definitely on my wish list though.
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely get it when you use up your stash! It's addictive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hеy thіs is sοmewhаt of off topic
    but I wass wantinbg tο knοw іf blogѕ use
    WΥSIWYG editoгs oor iif уou havе to manhally codee wіth HTМL.
    I'm ѕtartіng a blog soon but have no codіng expегtіѕe sο I wаntеd to get guidance from someone ωіth еxрerienсе.
    Anу help would be gгeatlу аppгeciateԁ!


    Fеel free tо ѵisit my weblog ΡolyLock UV/LED Salon Gеl Polіsh Sуstem (http://runwayprof.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blog quite often аnd I truly thank you for your
    content. Yoour article hаs tгuly peаkeԁ my interеst.
    I'm goіng tо take a note оf your ωebѕite аnԁ
    keep сheckіng for new details abοut οnce per
    ωeeκ. Ӏ oρteԁ in foг your Fеed as well.


    Also visіt my ωeb-site LED Hybrid Gel Polish

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig