Ad

Saturday 7 September 2013

Autumn Makeup Bag



When the seasons change I like to switch it up a little, it's so easy to get stuck in a makeup rut and doing this makes me remember forgotten products that I love! Throughout most of the summer I've been going for pinks and peaches on the lips and cheeks, a swipe of mascara and dewy skin, so for autumn I thought I'd step it up a notch! Eyeshadows in warm neutrals and golds for day and deep chocolate browns for the evenings.  




First up is MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette, this is my favourite budget buy, 12 amazing colours in fantastically pigmented soft formulas for just 4.00! I love all the colours from this palette so this will be my autumn go to.




When I want something super shimmery and luxurious  I'll be reaching for my Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres (5 Colour Harmony For Eyes) in Shade 3 Tawny. I've had this palette for a really long time and I love it, but because it lives at the back of my makeup stash it often gets forgotten, well not any more! The rusty-gold colour (bottom left) is great for the day time, very autumnal indeed, and the deep brown (top right) creates a perfect smoky eye on its own.




Dallas from Benefit is a lovely 'dusty sunset plum powder' that is perfect for the colder months, it's a suits-all shade that looks particularly good on darker skin tones. Think of it as a cross between bronzer and blusher, I apply it just a bit lower than where I would apply a normal blusher, in the hollows of the cheekbones and a bit above. It contours and brightens up the face and makes you look like you've just come back from a brisk walk through the fallen autumn leaves (If you actually have then even better!)





For lips I'll be going for warm reds and berry hues. Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple is a favourite that works well all year round but especially well in between seasons.


Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is one I discovered by accident, this is a smaller sized version which came in a gift set of 4 last christmas. I much prefer the packaging on these compared to the regular full sized ones which are just plain silver rather than the colour of the product. It's a balm stain type product, it leaves the lips feeling moisturised and comfortable with just a subtle hint of colour. I promise you it's not as scary as it looks in the bullet!


Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Bella Bamba is super glossy with the tiniest touch of colour. If you're looking for full on colour then this isn't for you but I find it works really well with a smoky eye. It's super sheer and a nice alternative to the nude/peachy lip I'd usually pair it with. 


I tend to forgo eyeliner in the summer so this is a nice one to ease me back in gently! It's Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliner in Brown Glow, a soft, warm brown with coppery undertones that lasts really well and doesn't smudge. 



Swatches: From left, Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds Eyeliner in Brown Glow, Benefit Ultra Plush Gloss in Bella Bamba, Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey and Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple.


What are your favourite products for autumn?



SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love the undressed palette! Such good quality and so cheap!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been wearing it everyday all week. Need to get a few more of their palettes!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try Dallas for-ever. Might need to get my pincers on it soon.
    Love the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it really is an all in one! Thank you, and thanks for following! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the MUA shadows, and the boxed powders from Benefit are the best, my favorites are the Revlon Lip Butters because they feel like a creamy chapstick but give you a really pigmented coverage. Love your blog! Feel free to check out my up and coming one, mintprincessxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig