Ad

Thursday 25 July 2013

Review - The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser



The Tea Tree Pore Minimiser from The Body Shop has been an absolute essential in this hot weather. 'Pores look smaller, skin feels purer, smoothes, primes and instantly mattifies' And it seems to do just that, much better than the 2 in 1 mattifying moisturisers, this product has a smooth balm like texture and has a lovely fresh tea tree scent which is extremely refreshing on a hot day. It applies smoothly onto the skin and sinks in straight away leaving a lovely matte finish and making pores less noticeable. It creates a great base for makeup, allowing your foundation to look dewy and fresh but not letting any oil (or sweat, yuck!) show through. 


This is great for me because I'm not a huge fan of setting my makeup with powder - I really don't like that horrible cakey look or feeling you get if you powder a few too many times, and with this I don't need to powder at all! Plus, a tea tree balm must be better for your skin, purely because its not clogging up your skin and leaving you with congestion as powder might and tea tree is a natural antiseptic. I tend to use this just on my nose and and just beside my nose as thats where I need it, but it would definitely work well applied over the whole face. If on the rare (and very sweaty) occasion that shine does come through a rice grain sized blob gently dabbed on over makeup sorts it out in a flash. 


That said I'm not sure this really does anything long term, it won't permanently shrink your pores or stop your skin producing excess oil, so don't expect it too! But, If you're looking for something that works on a temporary level, this is definitely a good one to try! It's a great one for the guys too as the balm is colourless, and the scent and packaging are not 'girly'.


At  £7.50 it's pretty good value as a tube will last you a really long time (even with a rather heavy handed hubby helping himself to it every now and then) and if you get it when The Body Shop have 40% off as I did it's even better! 


Have you ever tried this product or anything similar? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig